We are looking for a passionate UX/UI designer to lead our small team of designers. As the lead UX/UI designer, you will be at the forefront of all design decisions in our suite of apps, websites and internal software.
These are some things we expect:
- Review all designs from team members and ensure they meet business and user needs
- Create and manage the information architecture and customer journey maps throughout the apps
- Work directly with the CTO and business team to ensure the business needs are being met throughout the users journey
- Review user feedback and data analysis to provide the best user experience possible.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product should function
- Provide detailed documentation to development team - Android, iOS, Front-end and server - for implementation
- Work with the QA team to ensure all new functionalities are developed correctly based on your documentation
What we need from you:
- 3+ years industry experience working in a fast paced environment as a UI/UX designer
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of projects
- Examples of owning a project from end to end and being a leader in the room
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience working with JIRA, Sketch, Photoshop, Principle, Abstract, Overflow, Mixpanel, or comparable alternatives.
- Experience with the transportation industry is considered an asset
- Passion for turning complex scenarios into simple solutions
- Solid team player with a positive attitude
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days
- Free lunch every two weeks.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider. We are centrally located near transit in downtown Vancouver.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver.