Kater is looking for a full-time QA Lead to lead its mobile application testing. Must be analytical, savvy professional, who possesses excellent communication skills. A team player that takes responsibility and ownership verifying that we deliver high-quality products in strict deadlines.
In this position, you’ll ensure high-quality releases of the client's iOS and Android apps by writing complete test plans, running automated test cases and finding, analyzing and reporting issues to achieve company goals. You will be reporting to the QA Manager in this capacity.
- Test cutting-edge, mobile technology solutions for MaaS (Mobility as a Service).
- Conduct initial manual testing of new features to ensure correct architecture.
- Design test plans, write end to end test cases and explore various testing tools.
- Use testing tools for code coverage, memory tools, application, database and performance tools.
- Perform API level testing, have good knowledge of sniffers and POSTMAN or equivalent.
- Implement scripts and SQL queries for testing databases, run automated test cases, while understanding the context.
- Communicate QA status effectively and objectively.
- Conduct white box and gray box testing.
- Own and drive software quality assurance lifecycle as part of SCRUM/Agile processes and deliver high-quality releases on time.
- Working on coordinating the weekend QA shifts and reporting the status to the stakeholders.
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management and engineering, sometimes with distributed teams.
- Interact with business product managers to clarify requirements and drive projects to ensure on-time completion.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by filing extensive bugs, defects and improvements and verifying their fixes.
- Work closely with QA manager to create and/or contribute to test plans and test procedures.
- Inform QA manager in a timely and clear manner regarding progress on tasks and of issues needing immediate remediation or escalation.
- Proactive attitude and a willingness to “go the extra mile” to get the job done with excellence.
- Highly flexible attitude and ability to quickly shift gears when priorities change.
- Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices.
- Maintain high responsiveness and excellent cross-team collaboration.
- Experience as an agile project Lead Quality Engineer – mobile QE experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing, functional testing and automation testing.
- Experience with web applications, basic networking, general desktop, client/server models and mobile
- Knowledge of agile development processes.
- Experience in test automation and scripting - an advantage
- Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – experience working with international teams an advantage.
- Team-player attitude and the ability to work in a multi-tasking cross-collaborative fast-paced environment- driving other people for the common goal. Not being shy.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies quickly.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
- Free lunch every two weeks.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider. We are centrally located near transit in downtown Vancouver.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver.