We are looking for a Senior Android developer with extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining Android applications. You will be collaborating with our software engineers, designers, and QA testers to improve our Android applications and design new features. You have proven software development experience, team lead experience, and excellent communication skills.
These are some things we will expect:
- 5+ years of professional mobile development experience in Java
- Experience with UI transitions, multithreading and memory/battery efficiency
- Must be proficient in Kotlin, MVVM, & LiveData/Reactive patterns.
- Experience with Espresso, Mockito and Cucumber integration
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
- Familiarity with mapping api’s like mapbox/google a plus
- Familiarity with Android JetPack a plus
- 3+ years’ experience as a team lead
- Working experience in Android development environment
- Enjoy working in a team and able to motivate and mentor other developers
- Experience in Realm, Maps, PubNub is an asset
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
- Free lunch every two weeks.
- Working from home option available.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Surrey.