This is a newly created role due to growth. You will be joining a team of Software Development Engineers and work on a variety of projects such as improving the build pipeline, ensuring the successful delivery of new releases, and ensuring HA and redundancy.
You are a DevOps Engineer looking for a new challenge and opportunity. Your experience includes AWS, Ansible, Python, and familiarity with relational SQL databases (ideally MySQL). You enjoy collaborating with the team and initiating or supporting the use of new tools and technology.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for the reliability, security, efficiency, and scalability of cloud deployments. Participate in the Development Operations team activities including continuous delivery, configuration changes, and performance monitoring. Manage and monitor cloud resources utilization and cost.
- Operate, scale, and troubleshoot applications and infrastructure.
- Use and develop tools for systems continuous delivery automation.
- System Administration on Linux and macOS operating systems, network configurations, access and permissions, and AWS cloud services.
- Ensure cloud environment reliability, performance and safety of information.
- Ensure high availability and performance of cloud deployments.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure, services, applications and customer connectivity monitoring and emergency alerting.
- Ensure secure and managed access to production and staging environments.
- Work with engineering, security operations, software architecture, support, platform, and other cross-functional teams on company priorities and roadmap planning for a rapidly growing customer base.
- Monitor cloud resources utilization and associated costs.
- Interact with vendors, consultants, and partners to ensure that cloud operations meet the needs of all users of the platform.
What You Need for this Position:
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- 3+ years and a proven record of success in administration of cloud infrastructure and deployed applications for enterprise SaaS or PaaS companies in public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- 5+ years of experience in administration of IT systems.
- 3+ years and a proven record of success of using and creating automated delivery and configuration tools.
- 3+ years and a proven record of success in monitoring of cloud infrastructure and SaaS or PaaS applications.
- 24x7x365 shift-based support with rotating on-call (1-2 times per week).
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Solid foundation in Linux/Windows operating systems and tools.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure including routers, firewalls, VPNs, IDS, IPS, Proxy, etc.
- Proficient with DevOps tools and environments.
- Proficient with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Bash.
- Experience with centralized logging services like Papertrail and CloudWatch.
- Experience with monitoring tools like StackDriver, NewRelic, Graphite, Nagios, Zabbix.
- Understanding of cybersecurity methodology such as security controls, access control and auditing.
- Experience with AWS platform tools like APIGW, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, Fargate, Lambda Functions, Step Functions, VPC, etc.
- Advanced experience with DevOps methodology and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in migrating products from on premise to cloud.
- Experience with security of sensitive personal data.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
- Free lunch every two weeks.
- Working from home option available.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Surrey.