We are looking for a senior backend developer to work with the Kater platform team to build and maintain highly optimized backend architecture for their entire product line.
These are some things we will expect:
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Maintain application infrastructure, including backups/disaster recovery, software deployment/configuration, security best practices, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- Previous experience in complex app development using agile methodology.
- Experience with building a micro-services-based architecture.
- In depth knowledge of MV* Patterns.
- In depth knowledge of RESTful architecture and service design.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of event-driven architectures such as Event sourcing and CQRS.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with server-less cloud solutions including the Server-less framework.
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Understanding of best practices within the development process.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diverse work load in a fast-paced environment.
- TDD & continuous integration expertise.
- Easy going personality and the ability to communicate effortlessly.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
- Free lunch every two weeks.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider. We are centrally located near transit in downtown Vancouver.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Vancouver.