We are looking for a senior backend developer to work with the Kater platform team to build and maintain highly optimized backend architecture for their entire product line.
These are some things we will expect:
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development, build and deployment automation.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Maintain application infrastructure, including backups/disaster recovery, software deployment/configuration, security best practices, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years professional software development experience.
- Previous experience in complex app development using agile methodology.
- Experience with building a micro-services-based architecture.
- In depth knowledge of MV* Patterns.
- In depth knowledge of RESTful architecture and service design.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of event-driven architectures such as Event sourcing and CQRS.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience with server-less cloud solutions including the Server-less framework.
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Understanding of best practices within the development process.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diverse work load in a fast-paced environment.
- TDD & continuous integration expertise.
- Easy going personality and the ability to communicate effortlessly.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 90 days.
- Free lunch every two weeks.
- Working from home option available.
Kater has a track record of promoting from within so if you are interested in leadership or technical career paths, you will have both options to consider.
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available for interviews in Surrey.